Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This is Ridiculous This is Amazing

Book 52 of my 2014 Reading Challenge

This is Ridiculous This is Amazing: Parenthood in 71 Lists by Jason Good

Summary (via the book jacket)
Everything is easier and a lot more fun with a little laughter mixed in - especially parenting. Here are 71 lists that capture the absurdity of family life without forgetting to embrace all those heartwarming and annoying "stop drawing on your brother's face" moments that make the experience of raising children so ridiculous...and so amazing.


My Opinion

Is it just a given that all the authors of these fun little books that catch my eye at the library have a blog I haven't heard of?  Because that seems to be a trend and this book is no exception.  Since I haven't read his blog, I can't say if the book material is new or how it compares; it's all new to me.

I chuckled at pretty much every list and it was a quick, cute read that helped me pass the time while waiting for kids.


A Few Quotes from the Book

"Have you ever...Yelled, "No Yelling!" ~ from the list "On Being a Role Model"

"She wants to have sex, but you're scared of her" ~ from the list "How to Know if Your Wife Has Been Drinking"

" 'Our son's favorite country is Liberia.'
  Reality: He said "Liberia" once, but what he meant was Siberia because he'd just watched (on the iPad) the episode of Super Friends where Lex Luthor traps Superman in a Siberian ice block. The kid's favorite country is actually 'I don't know. Is a country the same thing as a mountain? Because my favorite mountain is Canada.' " ~ from the list "What Annoying Parents Say...and the Truth"



No comments:

Post a Comment