Friday, January 12, 2018

Alice in Wonderland

Book 3 of my 2018 Reading Challenge

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll 

Summary (via Goodreads)
The story of a little girl who fell down a rabbit hole and found herself in Wonderland continues to delight readers of all ages. Accompanied by the classic illustrations of John Tenniel, it is one of the best loved novels in the children's literature.

My Opinion
My 11 year old daughter's team for Odyssey of the Mind is using this book as inspiration for their skit so I read the book as well when she was finished with it.

I know this was written a long time ago but was there really a time when a drink having the mixed flavor of cherry-tart, custard, pineapple, roast turkey, toffy, and hot buttered toast be would described as "nice" as the author did?  Maybe it grosses me out because I'm not much of a food mixer.

I don't remember being especially enthralled with this story when I was younger and that holds true today.  It was fine, the illustrations were very good, but I won't be re-reading this one again. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment