Monday, February 11, 2019

The Body

Oops, I reviewed this book out of order since it was a joint review with my daughter.

Book 16 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read on February 10

The Body
by Carol Ellis

Summary (via the book jacket)
published 1995

She's seen something too horrifying for words.
No one knows what really happened the night Lisa Randolph fell off the cliff. Now she is paralyzed and mute, so it seems no one ever will.
The Melanie is hired to read to Lisa. At first Lisa just stares blankly, soon she seems to be desperately trying to tell Melanie a secret.
After Melanie's own life is threatened, she knows Lisa's secret is...deadly.

Megan's (12 years old) Opinion
5 stars


"This is one of my favorite books.  It's right up there with 'The Diary of Anne Frank' and 'Out of My Mind'.  I liked the ending, it was a real plot twist.

This is the first thriller I've read and it really set the standard high.  I would like to read this author again.

I've recommended it lots of times since I finished it."

My Opinion
4 stars

When Megan finished this she immediately said I had to read it because she wanted to discuss the ending with someone.  She gave it to me before bed last night and the first words out of her mouth this morning were, "Have you read it yet?" so I knew it had to be a priority.  I sat down right away and finished it in about an hour.

I'm rating it highly because of her reaction and passion for passing it along.  I know I'm not the target audience for this but I would've also loved it at her age.  Even at my age it kept my interest and had some surprises along the way.  I didn't expect the pages to pass as quickly as they did and I had sweaty palms at the end because I wasn't sure how everything would resolve.

I will definitely see if this author has any other books Megan can read.

No comments:

Post a Comment