Saturday, February 11, 2023

Fatal Throne

 Book 16 of my 2023 Reading Challenge
read from 2/9 - 2/11

Fatal Throne: The Wives of Henry VIII Tell All
by various authors

My Opinion
5 stars

This book is kind of a short story format, with 7 authors each taking a different character (Henry VIII and his 6 wives).  The book doesn't bounce around, other than Henry VIII giving his viewpoint at the end of each marriage; it is chronological with each queen given their moment to shine and then fading away.  The authors fit well together so it's not obvious while reading but it probably did aid the feeling of distinct and separate characters.

This book was a quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I would've read it in one sitting if I'd had the time.  It made me want to learn more (even though this is a fiction book and the authors admit embellishing) and there wasn't an assumption of any knowledge coming in.  

Nothing to do with the book but the song introducing the queens from the musical "Six" and the rhyme "divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived" kept playing in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment