Saturday, April 29, 2023

My Moment

 Book 39 of my 2023 Reading Challenge
read from April 11 - 29

My Moment: 106 Women on Fighting for Themselves

My Opinion
3 stars

This is a book I feel like I SHOULD like more than I actually did.  The concept is great and I'm so glad it was written but something about the execution threw me off.  Throwing the reader right into the big moment without any grounding added to my feelings of detachment.  

I liked that the book included women from every aspect of life (not everyone was famous) and I LOVED the inclusion of young girls that are already taking up their space in the world.

I think this could be better in an ever-changing Internet format with submissions and maybe even updates.

I also do not have an answer for the question.  I fight for others but can't pinpoint a particular situation for me; it's more of a gradual acceptance as I get older of who I am and not needing the approval of others to feel satisfied or fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment