Monday, August 17, 2026

A Fright to the Death

 Book 79 of my 2026 Reading Challenge
read from August 13 - 15

A Fright to the Death
by Dawn Eastman

3 stars

After reading Pall in the Family, I decided to buy the other 3 books in the Family Fortune Mystery series and they were perfect paperbacks to take along on our trip.

This book, the third in the series, was a flip for me.  In the first two I liked the family dynamics more than the actual mysteries.  In this one, the dynamics were barely there and what was there was super annoying - I'm over Vi inserting herself everywhere.  The mystery was good though, other than a random genetic reveal at the end.

There's only one more book and I will be curious to see if that will feel intentional or the author stopped writing them for some reason.  I really wish Clyde would lean more into her "talents" instead of beating around the bush.


************************************

Ways This Book Met my 2026 Reading Goals:
- 79th book read in 2026 (my goal is 100)
- Title starting with 'F' (I'm doing an A-Z title challenge)
- A book I purchased in 2026 (my goal is to read any books I buy within 6 months of purchasing them)

No comments:

Post a Comment