Monday, October 7, 2013

W is for Wasted

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 69.

W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton
Book 23 of the Kinsey Millhone series

Summary:
It begins when a homeless John Doe is found dead with Kinsey's name and number in his pocket.  She investigates his identity but discovering who he is only brings more questions, and soon Kinsey finds herself caught up in family drama, fraud, and murder.

My Opinion:
Another solid installment to the series.  What I like about the series is that Kinsey is matter-of-fact.  Personal details and relationships are used to expand the character but the cases are the focal point.  While she's dated various people throughout the series, there is no love triangle angst to be found, a lovely change from another female private investigator series that I'm growing tired of (I'm looking at you Stephanie Plum...you could learn a thing or two from Kinsey).  The mystery was fresh, there was enough action to be interesting but not completely over-the-top, and it wrapped up nicely.

Quote from the Book:
"Two dead men changed the course of my life that fall."


No comments:

Post a Comment