Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Jay's Journal

Book 74 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read November 18

Summary (via Goodreads)
published 2010

December 18
Things are going from worse to impossible. I'm fighting a losing battle...

Jay thought he could handle anything. The first time he took drugs was for fun. But what started as an escape quickly spiraled into a haze of addiction. That was just the beginning of the dangerous path that ultimately led Jay to take his own life. 

This is the journal he left behind.

My Opinion
1 star

Normally 1 star reviews are ones I hate so much I have to vent and rant but this won't be long.

What's the point of this book?  It was similar to "Go Ask Alice" in that it's obviously an adult trying to sound like a kid and failing miserably.  It was so bad.

So the author can say "retard" and "fruit/queer" multiple times but refers to using the bathroom as having to "go stinky"?  Ummm...ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment