Saturday, June 27, 2020

Beloved

Book 38 of my 2020 Reading Challenge
read from April 25 - May 16

Beloved
by Toni Morrison

Summary (via the book jacket)
published 1987

Sethe. Proud and beautiful, she escaped from slavery but is haunted by its heritage. She must deal with this haunted life on every level from the fires of the flesh to the heartbreaking challenges to the spirit.
Set in rural Ohio several years after the Civil War, this profoundly affecting chronicle of slavery and its aftermath is Toni Morrison's greatest novel, a dazzling achievement and the most spellbinding reading experience of the decade.

My Opinion
4 stars

I don't have much to say because this is one of those books that is about the experience and feelings while reading it.  I took zero notes while reading which doesn't happen very often and means I was just in the story and not thinking about anything else.

Since I'm reading for pleasure and not for a class, I have the luxury of just saying I liked it and leaving it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment