Thursday, June 22, 2023

Unbroken

 Book 57 of my 2023 Reading Challenge
read from June 19 - 22

Unbroken: 13 Stories Starring Disabled Teens

Summary (via Goodreads)
This anthology explores disability in fictional tales told from the viewpoint of disabled characters, written by disabled creators. With stories in various genres about first loves, friendship, war, travel, and more, Unbroken will offer today's teen readers a glimpse into the lives of disabled people in the past, present, and future.

My Opinion
4 stars

I really enjoyed the stories in this book.  Typically I bounce between 2-3 books at a time but I kept picking this one up instead of rotating through my other current reads.  There were many different voices and settings; this is a book that is a really good read, not just "good for visibility" stories.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because 2 of the stories were complete duds for me (no, I'm not calling out which ones).  That will happen when reading a book with many different authors but I struggled with those 2 so much it knocked the book down a star.  I still highly recommend it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment