Sunday, April 28, 2024

Everyone In My Family Has Killed Someone

 Book 37 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from April 21 - 28

Everyone In My Family Has Killed Someone
by Benjamin Stevenson

My Opinion
5 stars

The 5 stars surprised me.  I knew I was enjoying it but after finishing and reflecting, it was a well-crafted, incredibly unique book and I immediately thought of someone else I could recommend it to.  

I worried it would be too clever for its own good but everything stayed on an unpredictable but reasonable path.  The distractions worked so even though the author was telling the reader everything they needed to know, there were still surprises.

I want to read his next book, Everyone On This Train Is A Suspect, but I'm also not sure it will hold up as well because part of the appeal of this was its inventiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment