Monday, November 25, 2013

The Truth About Forever

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 82.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Summary (via Goodreads):
A long hot summer...
That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp.  Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of her father.
But sometimes unexpected things can happen - things like the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew.  Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories.  Things like meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy that could turn any girl's world upside down.  As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?

My Opinion:
This book was okay.  It was a standard YA storyline with cookie cutter characters.
Maybe I'm disappointed because I've heard really good things about Sarah Dessen's books and expected this (the first one of hers I've read) to be outstanding.  I'm still interested and will definitely read another one of her books, but this particular one just didn't grab me.

Quote from the Book:
"I am not a spontaneous person.  But when you're alone in the world, really alone, you have no choice but to be open to suggestions."

No comments:

Post a Comment