Monday, April 14, 2014

Confessions of a Scary Mommy

Book 17 of my 2014 Reading Challenge

Confessions of a Scary Mommy by Jill Smokler

Summary
A combination of anonymous confessions from Jill's website, scarymommy.com, and new essays by Jill on various parenting topics.

My Opinion
I was unfamiliar with the website but this book caught my eye at the library.  It was a quick, light read, the kind I keep in my van for stolen reading moments while shuttling kids around.
I'm perfectly neutral about it.  I liked the format and it was entertaining but I'm not going to run to her site and read everything she's written.

Quote from the Book
"That's the kind of mother I was supposed to be, at least.  The one I am in some parallel, opposite-day universe where I'm also not caffeine dependent and enjoy push-ups and get in daily showers."

No comments:

Post a Comment