Friday, August 8, 2014

All in the Head

Book 44 of my 2014 Reading Challenge

I would like to thank NetGalley and Troubador Publishing Ltd. for the opportunity to read and honestly review this book.
The expected publication date is August 28, 2014.

All in the Head by Judith Thomas

Summary (excerpted from NetGalley)
All in the Head & other tales with a twist is a compelling collection of 18 short stories that gives an insight into the psychological response to human emotion.  Judith Thomas introduces characters from around the world that have come together in one volume to share their personal experiences in their native countries.  The varied themes and settings provide something unique for every reader.

My Opinion

I'm not comfortable rating this book because the ARC I received had many formatting issues that I expect a proofreading polish would resolve, and I don't want to unfairly critique the author for things that an editor (hopefully) corrected before publishing the finished product. 

It was an interesting premise and the author is clearly interested in many cultures. There were a few stories that may have been more engaging if I had the explanatory 'backstory' before reading the story instead of after (or maybe even work it in throughout the story itself and eliminate the 'backstory' altogether for a smoother transition) but I did walk away from the book with some new knowledge and that's always a good thing, right?


Favorite Story
The Invitation

No comments:

Post a Comment