Sunday, December 31, 2017

What-the-Dickens

Book 65 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from October 29 - November 3

What-the-Dickens: The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire

Summary (via the book jacket)
On the darkest night, amidst a terrifying storm, Dinah listens to her cousin Gage tell an unlikely story - about tooth fairies, known as skibbereen, who are living in warring colonies right in the neighborhood. Dinah is skeptical, but as the story unfolds and the storm rages, she begins to believe.

My Opinion
I thought the book was fine, especially for the time of year that I read it. 

It was refreshing to read a book and know it's a stand-alone and I'm not committing to a full series.

A Few Quotes from the Book
"I met him when I was ten. That's the story, really. But first I should tell you about where he came from."

"Wishing is the beginning of imagination. They practice wishing when they are young things, and then - when they have grown - they have a developed imagination. Which can do some harm - greed, that kind of thing - but more often does them some good."




No comments:

Post a Comment