Friday, January 24, 2020

Watching You

Book 7 of my 2020 Reading Challenge
read from January 17 - 23

Watching You
by Lisa Jewell

Summary (via the book jacket)
published 2018

Melville Heights is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Bristol, England. It's not usually the sort of place where people are murdered in their own kitchens. But it is the sort of place where everyone has a secret and prying eyes lurk behind every curtain. So who has been murdered - and who would have wanted one of their neighbors dead?

My Opinion
3 stars

The author has a very suspenseful writing style that drew me in right away.  I really enjoyed reading it but what took it down to 3 stars for me was the last half of the book when situations kept being added instead of any sort of resolutions happening...there could've been multiple books for ALL the characters having ALL the problems.  I'm being careful not to give spoilers but people who have read it will know what I'm talking about when I have to mention the extreme eye-rolling I did when one of the characters that was at the crime scene left an item there out of the blue that completely unraveled the whole thing.

Overall, not a bad way to pass time and I'd read the author again.

Quote from the Book

"It's an innocuous room, bland even. A kitchen like a million other kitchens all across the country. A kitchen for drinking coffee in, for doing homework and eating breakfast and reading newspapers in. Not a kitchen for dark secrets of crimes of passion. Not a kitchen for murdering someone in."

No comments:

Post a Comment