Monday, December 21, 2020

Island of Graves

 Book 63 of my 2020 Reading Challenge
read from September 11 - 29

Island of Graves
by Lisa McMann
Book 6 of The Unwanteds series

Summary (via the book jacket)
published 2015

Everything Aaron has worked so hard to build in Quill has crumbled. Fallen from the height of power and influence, Aaron must humbly beg for food from those who saved his life.
In Artime, Alex chooses his people over his brother and abandons his search for Aaron. The Artimeans face the terrifying power of a new enemy who has taken control of Quill - the notoriously evil Gondoleery Rattrapp.
Alex embarks on a risky mission to enlist help from the last person he'd ever imagined he would ask. Along the way he's determined to rescue a long sailor from monstrous beasts with mysterious origins - a sailor who might hold the key to showing Alex that the world isn't what he thought it was.
As Alex prepares for an epic war, he must place his faith in a reckless plan...and hope that he and all his friends make it through alive.

My Opinion
5 stars

I was so happy for this book, especially coming after the 5th book that I'd felt was the weakest in the series so far.  I liked Aaron's arc and this adventure/new characters was the most interesting to me so far.  I guess I have a soft spot for old gentle teachers.  

I had tears at the end and can't wait to finish the series with the next book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment