Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Virgins and Other Endangered Species

 Book 25 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

Virgins and Other Endangered Species: A Memoir
by Dorothea Straus

2 stars

I picked this book up at a sale solely based on the title.  Published in 1993, Virgins and Other Endangered Species is a memoir by Dorothea Straus.  I don't know if she is well-known but I have no familiarity with her.  I also can't pinpoint exactly how old she is (or was, as I'm assuming she has since deceased) but these recollections had a "bygone era" feeling.  There was no rhyme or reason to the stories.  It felt like the slow musings of an elderly relative where you're not sure if everything is true or if their memories have fused things together.

There was a note that the photograph on the cover is the author's mother so that was a cool touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment