Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Recap

 WOW!!!  What a reading year 2023 was, I can't believe I read 120 books!  I thought it would be 121 but this 600 page book of Christmas mysteries is taking longer than I thought it would...now it's a good head start on my first book of 2024!

Part of the increase in reading is because of my time.  We're down to one high schooler so activities are fewer, plus I babysit my niece and nephew at least once a week and read to decompress during their naps.

Another part of the increase is the short story collections available through Prime Reading.  They're each cataloged individually on Goodreads so it adds up quickly but since I would read them anyway (I'm not looking to pad my stats on an arbitrary goal I set for myself) and I read plenty of long books too, I figure that it averages out.

I also read at least one book starting with each letter of the alphabet.  I was actually really close to reading both a fiction and non-fiction book of each letter but there were 4 non-fiction letters I didn't get to (K, R, X, and Z).

In 2024 I'll set my standard goal of 100 books.  I'm also going to change up my reviews by checking in with my thoughts as I'm reading instead of waiting until the end to summarize everything.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment