Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Revenge of the Librarians

 Book 71 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read on September 18

Revenge of the Librarians
Cartoons by Tom Gauld

My Opinion
3 stars

This book is a perfect example of why I love libraries.  It was a quick little read that I picked up with zero hesitation when browsing at the library but would never have purchased.  That's not a slight against this particular book, that's just my general philosophy on buying books.

The small, wide size of the book added to the reading appeal because it was pretty much one strip per page.  The old-school catalog card in the front was a nice touch as well.

The cartoons obviously add a lot but I have to shout out one of the panels because the text alone made me laugh.  I'm totally guilty of this.
"Bedtime Reading Routine
 1 Get into Bed.
 2 Take Book from Bedside Table.
 3 Open Book at Marked Page and Place in Lap.
 4 Pick Up Phone and Scroll Through Social Media for 45 Minutes.
 5 Replace Bookmark in Book and Go To Sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment