Book 84 of my 2026 Reading Challenge
read from September 12 - 15
The Midnight Train
by Matt Haig
published 2026
3 stars
Happiness squandered was painful to look at from the future.
But the Ghost tried his best to feel gratitude that he had known happiness at all.
I liked the concept of this book more than the actual execution. It felt like too much time in the present trying to figure out how to change the system rather than getting lost in the memories and feeling emotions. I also wish there had been some sort of epilogue or something that gave information on any different paths.
I laughed at this description: "In the sense that he couldn't read people very well. Where she could still read the book of someone from a single page, he could be presented with the entire novel and not follow its plot at all."
*******************************
Ways This Book Met my 2026 Reading Goals:
- 84th book read in 2026 (my goal is 100)
No comments:
Post a Comment