Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 20.


Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones
Summary:  Her fourth book featuring Charley Davidson, the Grim Reaper.  This book is a continuation of the series as she discovers more about her powers and explores her love/hate relationship with Reyes, the son of Satan.

I really enjoy this series, but this book was a bit of a letdown.  It was good, but after eagerly anticipating this book based on the first three in the series, "good" is a little disappointing.  Although the last few chapters read very quickly after a twist that completely surprised me, it was a slow start and felt like the main purpose of this book was to give backstories and set up plots for the fifth book (and beyond, I'm sure).

I would recommend this series if you enjoy the paranormal genre.  Although I always recommend starting a series with the first book and reading them in order (I can't stress this enough - series are meant to be read in order!),  it is necessary in this case; her books build off of each other and jump right in where the previous book left off.

Quote of the Blog:
"I had a soft spot for crazy people" ~ Darynda Jones (Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet)

No comments:

Post a Comment