Thursday, April 4, 2013

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 28.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Simon and Schuster for the opportunity to read this book.

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother by Julia Sweeney

Summary:
This book is a collection of short stories about motherhood by Julia Sweeney, a comedianne best known for her work on Saturday Night Live and her one-woman show God Said Ha!

My Opinion:
Julia is a natural storyteller, and this book was an absolute delight to read.  I would describe this book as deeply funny - the perfect blend of depth and humor.  Although her stories were light enough to read quickly (and I did; this book was completed in one sitting), they were also revealing, personal, and touching.

Highly recommended.

My Favorite Story:
The incredibly random story of how she met her husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment