Friday, July 12, 2013

It Takes Balls

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 45.

It Takes Balls: Dating Single Moms and Other Confessions From an Unprepared Single Dad by Josh Wolf

Summary:
Josh Wolf is a stand-up comedian and a regular on Chelsea Lately.  As the title indicates (doesn't it feel like the longer the title, the shorter the summary needs to be?), these are some of his adventures while dating as a single parent.

My Opinion:
There were two or three chapters that made me laugh out loud repeatedly, and while the rest of the book wasn't on par with those stories, it was entertaining and a quick read.
While it should come as no surprise that this book is crude, use of the "f" word is minimal and he didn't use offensive slang to refer to lady parts, so the stories weren't unnecessarily crass.  I don't mind language and would've laughed anyway but I wanted to point it out as an unexpected bonus.

Quote from the Book:
There were quite a few quotes that were hilarious but completely inappropriate so I settled for this:
"Have you ever done something so stupid that you're pretty sure there should be a new word to better describe how stupid you are?"



  

No comments:

Post a Comment