Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wild

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 49.

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed

Summary (via the book jacket):
At 22, Cheryl Strayed thought she had lost everything.  In the wake of her mother's death, her family scattered and her own marriage was soon destroyed.  Four years later, with nothing more to lose, she made the most impulsive decision of her life.  With no experience or training, driven only by blind will, she would hike more than a thousand miles of the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State - and she would do it alone.

My Opinion:
I was excited when this was our book club selection because I had heard many great things about it.  Unfortunately, I didn't like it very much.  The beginning was excellent and sucked me right in but the rest of the book dragged and I was ready for it to be over.
That being said, I wouldn't call this a "bad" book or discourage anyone from reading it.  Personally, I just didn't connect with it and can't put my finger on why exactly that was.

Quote from the Book:
"The trees were tall but I was taller..."

No comments:

Post a Comment