Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Last Word

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 47.

The Last Word by Lisa Lutz
Book 6 of the mystery series "The Spellmans"

Summary:
The Last Word picks up 4 months after Book 5 (Trail of the Spellmans ) left off, and tension is still high between the Spellmans.
In this book, Isabel becomes the main suspect in an embezzlement investigation involving her biggest client, and she must clear her name while repairing the relationships with her family and keeping Spellman Investigations afloat.

My Opinion:
I rarely read books the minute they come out, but Lisa Lutz is one of the few authors I make the effort to a) keep track of exactly when their new books will be released and b) put my name on the reserve list at the library so I can have it right away.
The relationship between the Spellmans is why I love the series so much, and this book was no exception.  It was a slower start than the others (the beginning focused more on the cases since the tension resulted in fewer family conversations), but the writing was fresh and I still liked it a lot.
I look forward to future books by the author.
I always recommend reading series in order; the first book in this series is The Spellman Files.

Quote from the Book:
"She keeps all of her passwords on her computer in a spreadsheet called 'Passwords'.  The spreadsheet isn't even password protected."

No comments:

Post a Comment