Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Me Before You

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 53.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Penguin Viking for the opportunity to read and honestly review this book.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Summary (via Goodreads):
Lou Clark knows lots of things.  She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home.  She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is keeping her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live.  He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to all that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour.  And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

My Opinion:
This book is lovely and the writing is absolutely stunning.  This isn't a grand sweeping story; it's quiet and delicate and emotional and beautiful and perfect.  I didn't want it to end but couldn't put it down.
Highly recommended.  This is easily one of the best books I've read this year.

Quote of the Blog:
*Since I read an ARC, I couldn't quote from the book directly like I normally try to.  Instead, I found a quote from a different book that seemed fitting.

"You have touched my soul, and I have seen your heart, and I know I am forever changed by the essence of you." ~ Jenna Roads, Under a Painted Sky





No comments:

Post a Comment