Saturday, June 14, 2014

Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures

Book 30 of my 2014 Reading Challenge

Parenting: Illustrated with Crappy Pictures by Amber Dusick

Summary
Humorous stories about parenting (the author has a blog with the same name as the book title).

My Opinion
How refreshing to read a "mommy blogger" that I can relate to!  She's not Pollyanna talking about how perfect and rewarding parenthood is at all times but she doesn't go too far in the opposite, negative direction either.  She can talk about how hard it is while still being respectful to her partner and children and not saying flat-out mean things about them. She's quick to point out that she uses the word "crappy" to describe her stick-figure illustrations, not to describe her family members.
 It was a quick, light read that I enjoyed very much.  I wasn't familiar with her website before reading this book but I will definitely go take a look now. 

My Favorite Part
I wish I could quote the whole book because I smiled and nodded along through the whole thing, but the chapter I especially related to was Chapter 2, "(Not) Sleeping"



No comments:

Post a Comment