Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Playbook

Book 72 of my 2020 Reading Challenge
read from November 16 - 28

The Playbook: 52 Rules to Aim, Shoot, and Score in This Game Called Life
by Kwame Alexander

Summary (via the book jacket)
published 2017

You gotta know the rules to play the game. Take it to the hoop. Soar. What can we imagine for our lives? What if we were the star players, moving and grooving through the game of life? What if we had our own basketball rules to help us get what we wanted, what we aspire to, what will enrich our lives?

My Opinion
3 stars

I was introduced to this author through my son and decided to pick up this quick read while unpacking boxes after new bookshelves were installed.  I don't think I'm the only one that hasn't felt up to as much reading as usual in 2020 so a nice, light read was just what I wanted to keep my brain active but not overdone.

The different fonts and pictures make this very accessible for a young person who doesn't like to sit and read.  At first I was concerned about the "all it takes is hard work" message, as though people who don't win or achieve all of their goals just didn't want it enough, but then it settled down into the differences between each person's personal "ceiling".

No comments:

Post a Comment