Tuesday, June 28, 2022

I Might Regret This

 Book 8 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

I Might Regret This: Essays, Drawings, Vulnerabilities, and Other Stuff
by Abbi Jacobson

3 stars

Published in 2018, I Might Regret This is collection of essays chronicling the time Abbi Jacobson spent on a solo cross-country road trip following a breakup.

I bought this book used and it was well-loved by the owner(s) before me.  Things were underlined, emphasized, etc.  I loved that they felt moved enough to highlight "be still and think" and "butt-crack" on the same page.  There was also an inscription in the front: "[name redacted]'s GIVE BACK!  but please borrow LOVE YOU!"  I hope that the person named is the one who got rid of the book and not that the borrower not only didn't return it but sold it as well.

Now that the information about my physical copy is out of the way, I really don't have much to say about the book itself.  It felt like a journal in a good way with sidenotes, drawings, etc. filling out the essays.  I didn't make any notes while reading it which means I didn't have strong likes or dislikes.  Rated a neutral 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment