Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Recap

Wow.  2021’s book total may be the lowest number of books I've read in a long time.  From anecdotes I've seen and articles I've read, I don't seem to be the only one reading less.  Besides the mental overload I've felt, leading me to spend more time zoning out on short videos and mindless phone games, I also think the constant uncertainty of what was happening around me made me less likely to enjoy the feeling of reading and watching plots unfold without knowing what was going to happen.

I'm going to be gentler with myself in 2022.  Even though I generally read at random, I'm going to seek out more books that fit in my current wheelhouse (which currently appears to be short stories, poetry, and biographies).  Even though I always finish the books I start, I may set ones aside to revisit at a later point.  

One thing I can't change is my reading goal...it always has been and always will be 100 books (and I don't stress if I don't meet it).

Basically, I've missed the joy of getting lost in a book and I always feel more centered when I take the time to read so getting back to feeling like my best self is a goal this year.  Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment