Saturday, January 8, 2022

The Anthropocene Reviewed

 Book 1 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

The Anthropocene Reviewed
by John Green

4 stars

A collection of essays by John Green, covering a variety of topics and ending with his personal rating of the topic (1-5 stars).

I read this book with my husband Kevin.  The essays were long enough that we typically only read one at a time and since we didn't read every day, it took us a few months to get through.  The variety of topics made this interesting and we both learned a lot (including immediately doing more research about the Lascaux Cave paintings after reading about them).

Reading about his approach to signing books was funny as well because I own a signed copy of Turtles All the Way Down and this book, which I checked out from the library, is also signed.

Take time to read the "Notes" at the end where he lists where his interest in each topic stemmed from.  My personal favorite note was "The Hall of Presidents".

Kevin's thoughts: he did a good job of tying things together.  There was usually a story within a story which kept things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment