Saturday, July 8, 2023

F*cking History

 Book 59 of my 2023 Reading Challenge
read from July 2 - 4

F*cking History: 111 Lessons You Should Have Learned in School
by The Captain

My Opinion
3 stars

I found this book on accident in our library's catalog while searching for something else which ended up being appropriate because this is a great example of why I love the library.  I gave it a shot since it was free and the read passed the time but it's not something I would've purchased.

I read this on vacation and it was perfect to read in snippets, occasionally aloud.  I don't mind language but some of the swears felt forced in the beginning, like he was trying too hard to match the theme of the book.

My favorite "lesson" is that the stethoscope was invented in 1816 by a doctor who didn't want to have to press his head against his female patients' breasts to hear their heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment