Saturday, June 15, 2024

Strangers to Ourselves

Book 47 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from June 2 - 15

Strangers to Ourselves: Unsettled Minds and the Stories that Make Us
by Rachel Aviv

My Opinion
2 stars 

Checking In (about 17% through):
This is very slow going for me.  I pretty much always have 3 books going at a time but I've started and finished multiple books since starting this one because I just never come back to it.
I don't feel like abandoning it but I'm also struggling to get into it.  I think focusing on one person at a time both makes the read enjoyable because hearing individual stories is part of the appeal but also makes it difficult because there hasn't been much of a throughline so far.

Checking In (about 60% through):
It's been about a week since I wrote the checkin above so it's still slow going.
Naomi's story was particularly compelling so I believe I now have the momentum to finish the book today or tomorrow.

Final Thoughts:
I did finish the book by the end of the day.
My feelings remain the same.  It wasn't that I was struggling to read it while I was reading it, it was that I didn't feel any compulsion to return to it when I would set it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment