Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The Vampire Hunters' Casebook

 Book 87 of my 2026 Reading Challenge
read from September 20 - 30

The Vampire Hunters' Casebook

3 stars

This book had a slow start.  After the first few stories I would've said I was skimming and not really invested but that night I had so many nightmares about vampires that I woke up the next day realizing I must be absorbing more than I knew.

I was more conscious about the time of day I read this book after that and the stories also gained interest for me as well.  I think it helped that the stories seemed to have a somewhat chronological written order so the older stories were the ones I liked the least.  But even with improvement in interest I'm still only rating this 3 stars because my overall feeling is very 'take it or leave it'.

My favorite was "The Broken Fang" by Uel Key.

I picked this up at a fundraising book sale that's held twice a year and am planning to donate it back to them so it can find a new reader at a future sale.

***************************************

Ways This Book Met my 2026 Reading Goals:
- 87th book read in 2026 (my goal is 100)
- A book I purchased in 2026 (my goal is to read any books I buy within 6 months of purchasing them)
- A book I own that is leaving my house for a new reader to find (my goal is to declutter and make progress on whittling down my shelves/boxes of books in my house)

No comments:

Post a Comment