Saturday, November 16, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 79.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Summary (via Goodreads):
Jenny Lawson realized that the most mortifying moments of our lives - the ones we'd like to pretend never happened - are in fact the ones that define us.  In this book, Lawson takes readers on a hilarious journey recalling her bizarre upbringing in rural Texas, her devastatingly awkward high school years, and her relationship with her long-suffering husband, Victor.  Chapters include: "Stanley the Magical, Talking Squirrel";  "A Series of Angry Post-It Notes to My Husband"; "My Vagina is Fine. Thanks for Asking";  "And Then I Snuck a Dead Cuban Alligator on an Airplane".  Pictures with captions (no one would believe these things without proof) accompany the text.

My Opinion:
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  I wasn't familiar with her before but definitely will check out her blog.  I love her writing style and dark humor.
Recommended if you like off-beat stories and don't mind the word "vagina".

Quote from the Book:
"The weirdest thing about my getting a cow pregnant when I was in high school is that I wasn't even enrolled in that class."


No comments:

Post a Comment