Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Fifth Grave Past the Light

Book 81 of my 2014 Reading Challenge

Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones
Book 5 of the Charley Davidson series

Summary (via Goodreads)
Charley Davidson isn't your everyday, run-of-the-mill grim reaper. She's more of a paranormal private eye/grim reaper extraordinaire. However, she gets sidetracked when the sexy, sultry son of Satan, Reyes Farrow, moves in next door. To further complicate matters, Reyes is her main suspect in an arson case. Charley has vowed to stay away from him until she can find out the truth...but then dead women start appearing in her apartment, one after another, each lost, confused, and terrified beyond reason. When it becomes apparent that her own sister, Gemma is the serial killer's next target, Charley has no choice but to ask for Reyes's help. Arsonist or not, he's the one man alive who could protect Gemma no matter who or what came at her. But he wants something in return. Charley. All of her, body and soul. And to keep her sister safe, it is a price she is willing to pay.

My Opinion
I enjoyed the book but it's been so long since I've read the first four that there were probably things I missed because I'd forgotten them, although it gave enough clues about previous storylines that I didn't have any trouble keeping up.

It was a little crazy how everything came together but it was definitely readable and I will continue the series soon.

A Few Quotes from the Book
"One would think that, since I was the grim reaper, I'd be used to the dead showing up unexpectedly. Nope. It still got me every time."

"I heard a rustling sound as though he was fighting sheets to get out of bed. I understood. Sheets were tricky."

"Holy cow, was this air-the-dirty-laundry day? I would've worn my good underwear instead of the ones that said Admission By Invitation Only."

No comments:

Post a Comment