Friday, August 4, 2017

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Book 35 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from June 12 - 28

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
Book 1 in the Necromancer series

Summary (via the book jacket)
Meet Sam, just your average guy rocking that fast-food career.
Enter Douglas, a powerful and violent necromancer. Douglas immediately recognizes Sam as a fellow necromancer - which is news to Sam - and he's none too happy to have a competitor in the crowded paranormal scene in Seattle.
Now Sam has an undead friend on his hands and a hot werewolf girl for company. With just one week to find a way out of Douglas's clutches, can Sam figure out how to use his mysteriously latent powers?

My Opinion
I bought this book on impulse based on the title alone and I wasn't disappointed.  It was original and fun and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

A Few Quotes from the Book 
"I threw my shirt into the trash and crawled into the shower, letting the water run until it went cold. But getting clean didn't help much. Before the shower, I was scared, tired, and confused. Afterward, I was all those things plus cold and wet."

"Once a severed head talks, life's possibilities seem endless."

"Ashley, still in Catholic-girl chic, stood in the portal, talking to one of the freakiest things I'd ever seen. And I'd seen a talking severed head and a zombie panda."

No comments:

Post a Comment