Sunday, August 6, 2017

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Book 42 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from July 18 - 22

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea's Family, Friends, and Other Victims

Summary (via Goodreads)
It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers have all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them.
It doesn't matter if you're minding your own business, busily working, or honey-mooning thousands of miles away. No one is ever safe from Chelsea's fake e-mails and phony pregnancies, bogus smuggling schemes and made-up sports bets. Because whether it's premeditated or spur-of-the-moment, Chelsea will do anything for a laugh. And that's the truth. 

My Opinion
I'm thoroughly puzzled at how I can enjoy Chelsea Handler so much when watching her on tv yet not enjoy her books at all.  This is the second or third book I've of hers I've read with the same unhappy results so I guess I'll just stick to loving her on Netflix.

This book was a 1 star for me because any book that uses "retarded" 12 times (and each chapter was by a different person so this isn't one oblivious person but many) isn't going to get anything else.

Quote from the Book
"To Chelsea, discovering an unattended, unlocked computer is like finding a giant bowl of dicks. She can't keep her hands off it."


No comments:

Post a Comment