Saturday, March 11, 2023

19 Love Songs

Book 26 of my 2023 Reading Challenge
read from March 4 - 11

19 Love Songs
by David Levithan

Summary (via the book jacket)
This playlist is all about love.
No love song is exactly the same as the one before it.
There's the heartsick pop of a sarcastic boy with an unrequited crush.
There's the gentle lullaby of Valentine's Day, as seen through the eyes of someone who wakes up in a new body every day.
There's the tentative melody of two boys stranded on a snow day.
In 19 Love Songs, David Levithan makes a playlist of stories, verse and illustrations. Celebrating love in all its forms, there's something for every reader to cherish.

My Opinion
4 stars

Life got in the way or this easily could've been read in 1-2 sittings.  I rated this 4 stars because the ones I loved were so good and the ones I didn't were fine even if I didn't fully connect to them.

There were many ideas that resonated with me, especially concerning past and/or young loves.  The line that stuck with me was about not wanting to look someone who you've lost touch with up on social media: "I don't want to alter that imbalance. I want to remember him as he was, even if that memory's vague, and perhaps even wrong. Who he was to me matters so much more than who he actually was."  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment