Monday, February 19, 2024

How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse

 Book 15 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from February 7 - 19

How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse
by K. Eason

My Opinion
3 stars

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to read this book right now.  I'm making an effort to read books off of my "to-read" list so I randomly picked a page of the list and got any books from that page my library had available to check out.  When going through that pile to choose what to read next, I didn't think I would have the mind space for this; sci-fi can be notoriously laboring with world building and such to keep track of.  I thought I would give a chapter a try and then return it to read at a later time.

Instead, I was pleasantly surprised at how accessible this book is.  It reads like YA if not even a little J Fic (not an insult) so things move quickly to keep interest and layers are revealed little by little.

What I REALLY liked about the book was that I as the reader was not kept in the dark even though Rory the main character was.  Even though there was some murkiness and shadiness, the characters were straightforward enough in their thoughts that there was a basic foundation of whom to trust. 

I admit it, I was so nervous about the fate of one character that I skipped to the end to see if his named still appeared.  And I admit it, I got a little antsy in the last 25% and skimmed to get the gist before going back and seeing all the breadcrumbs.

There was a bit of an info dump at the end to wrap everything up but that was also nice because it went far enough into the future that most questions were answered.  I was on the fence about whether or not to read the next book in the series but my library doesn't have it and I'm not interested enough to search it out so I will probably not read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment