Saturday, February 24, 2024

Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All

 Book 17 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from February 20 - 24

Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
by Laura Ruby

My Opinion
3 stars

The title was a perfect way to start the book with a hazy, ethereal feeling.  I really enjoyed the pacing and development.  It helped a lot that the beginning showed Frankie's location in the future so I had an underlying ease knowing that the worst wouldn't happen and she would get out.

It was close to a 4 star read but I rounded down to 3 because there were so many things thrown at the reader out of nowhere at the end that it felt frantic.  It was also a little confusing at first when Frankie and Pearl both have inner thoughts without any paragraph breaks or indications of character switches but once I settled in, it flowed better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment