Friday, July 5, 2024

John Hughes: A Life in Film

 Book 49 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from July 4 - 5

John Hughes: A Life in Film
by Kirk Honeycutt

My Opinion
4 stars

This oversized book made me nostalgic for movies I've watched a million times in my youth.  I had no idea how prolific John Hughes was; he had a hand in many movies from the 80's and 90's that have had lasting power.  

Although his family didn't participate (he was very private in life so they may be continuing to respect that after his death), there were enough people that did to give a little glimpse into Hughes.  The bulk of the material was about his work which is what I was interested in anyway.  

Side note: he didn't seem to like photos.  Seeing him standing stone-faced in publicity photos, carpet photos, etc. caught my eye so it's something I specifically paid attention to.  He only smiles in two photos in the book and they both happen to be with John Candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment