Friday, August 23, 2024

Oona Out of Order

 Book 64 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from August 12 - 23

Oona Out of Order
by Margarita Montimore

My Opinion
5 stars

Holy Shit, this book took my breath away.  It was a slow start where I liked it but wasn't completely invested and then something happened that I thought was the big reveal but then there was a complete sucker punch that blew my mind.  It's the kind of thing that I want to yell about but also don't want to talk about at all because I don't want to spoil anything.  I think that's the main theme of the book - experiencing things as they happen even when given the opportunity to know more.

As the book started I really appreciated the jump right into the meat of the story.  Even though she herself didn't believe what was happening she had people on her side and didn't have to spend time convincing anyone else what was happening.    This was proven with the next jump where it was very 'fish out of water'; it would've jaded my view of the book if that had been the beginning.  

It took me way too long to figure out how she was doing the letters but I understand now that even though she doesn't know the order it's happening, there is a continuity that occurs when setting a letter up.  Even though it's a little wibbly wobbly there was enough of a thread that I could read without questioning it too much (although trying to explain it was another matter - I made a mess trying to talk to my daughter about it).


No comments:

Post a Comment