Thursday, August 6, 2026

The Irish in America

 Book 75 of my 2026 Reading Challenge
read from July 17 - August 6

The Irish in America
by Michael Coffey

2 stars

Very dry.  It was already hard to focus but the format made it worse.  There were inserts of texts and photos scattered throughout the book.  The inserts were usually vignettes of people or essays by someone and could be anywhere from 1-4 pages.  I understand why they were part of the book but the way they were inserted was a problem.  They weren't put it at text breaks of the chapter so I could be mid-sentence in a chapter, turn a page, have pages of unrelated text, and then back to finish the sentence and continue the chapter.  Switching back and forth and having things broken up made it even harder to concentrate.

*****************************

Ways This Book Met my 2026 Reading Goals:
- 75th book read in 2026 (my goal is 100)
- Title starting with 'I' (I'm doing an A-Z title challenge)
- A book I purchased in 2026 (my goal is to read any books I buy within 6 months of purchasing them)
- A book I own that is leaving my house for a new reader to find (my goal is to declutter and make progress on whittling down my shelves/boxes of books in my house)

No comments:

Post a Comment