Book 82 of my 2026 Reading Challenge
read from August 18 - 28
The Virgin's Lover
by Philippa Gregory
published 2004
5 stars
I'm not very familiar with this time period so I can't speak to the accuracy (how much was 'historical' vs how much was 'fiction') but as a story, it was compelling. Even though I know Elizabeth stays an unmarried queen I wasn't sure how she would get out of the situations she was in. I felt very sorry and also a little embarrassed for Amy; she was written very sympathetically.
5 stars because this book made me want to read more about Elizabeth and also more from the author.
***************************************
Ways This Book Met my 2026 Reading Goals:
- 82nd book read in 2026 (my goal is 100)
- A book I purchased in 2026 (my goal is to read any books I buy within 6 months of purchasing them)
No comments:
Post a Comment