Sunday, January 6, 2013

Friends Like Us

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 3.

Friends Like Us by Lauren Fox
Summary:  Willa has two best friends - Jane and Ben.  She is initially thrilled when Jane and Ben meet and hit it off, then becomes increasingly unhappy as they fall in love and she feels left behind.  This fiction novel is about relationships and the balance between finding your own happiness and protecting the happiness of your friends.

I liked this book.  It was easy to become absorbed in the story because it felt so real - imperfect characters living their lives.  At times, I almost felt uncomfortable reading it, like I was looking through the window at people that thought they were having private moments.

Recommended if you like what I refer to as "Seinfeld" books - seemingly about nothing, subtle writing, but still affecting.

Quote of the Blog:
“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever” ~ Dave Matthews Band

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love that you have a book category called "Seinfeld" books!

    ReplyDelete