Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Notorious Nineteen

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 9.


Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich
Summary:  The 19th book (23rd if you count novellas) featuring Stephanie Plum, accident-prone bounty hunter.  This book centers on the case of disappearing patients from a hospital, and also includes plenty of the antics expected in a Stephanie Plum book.

I'm finding the series less and less enjoyable with each book.  Car blew up?  Check (more than one, actually).  Lulu eating and referencing her former days as a ho?  Check.  Grandma Mazur saying inappropriate things?  Check.  Also, it's been 23 books - it's time to choose between Morelli and Ranger already.

It was a quick read that didn't affect me one way or the other, and I will continue to read more of the series as they come out.  If you've read the series, this latest book is fine to read.  If you haven't read the series, I'm not sure I would recommend starting (but if you do, please start at the beginning - the thought of not reading a series in order makes me cringe!).

Quote of the Blog:
"I did such a gigantic eye roll I almost fell over." ~ Janet Evanovich (Notorious Nineteen)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found this inane and repetitive...**mental head smack**

    ReplyDelete