Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kinsey and Me

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 11.

Kinsey and Me by Sue Grafton
Summary:  The first section of the book is short mysteries featuring Kinsey Millhone, the private investigator from Grafton's alphabet mystery series (all were published in various magazines between 1986 and 2003, but they were new to me).  The second section of the book is autobiographical essays written by Grafton after losing her mother. 

This book was a quick read, and I enjoyed it.  I knew I would like the first section because I love the Kinsey Millhone series and I also like short stories.  Sue Grafton revealed a lot of herself in the second section, and I was pleasantly surprised by the depth she showed.  Overall, the book was very well-written.

Recommended.  It is not necessary to have read the alphabet series, and this would be a good introduction to Kinsey if you're a mystery fan but haven't read Grafton before.  

Quote of the Blog:
"What's stimulating about [Kinsey's] presence in my life is that...this allows me to lead two lives - hers and mine." ~ Sue Grafton

No comments:

Post a Comment