Thursday, October 31, 2013

Awesome Snacks and Appetizers

Although I normally don't review the books I read with my kids, I am making an exception for this book to show my appreciation to NetGalley and Lerner Publishing Group for the opportunity to read it.
I have a daughter that also read this book, and my review will include opinions from her as well.

Awesome Snacks and Appetizers by Kari Cornell

Summary:
A cookbook for beginners.  Includes photos for every recipe as well as definitions, equipment, and safety tips.  

Megan's Opinion (my 7 year old):  "It was nice.  I thought that it was interesting.  It had very good recipes that I would like to try sometime.  I thought the pigs in a blanket looked gooood.  I love to cook and I thought that the recipes looked good."

My Opinion:
I liked the variety in this cookbook - they went beyond the normal kids' fare, including things like spicy meat samosas, homemade guacamole, and black bean quesadillas.  The beginning was very thorough and the page of definitions for things like "bake", "grease", etc.  was helpful.
If you have a beginner that wants to do everything themselves, this book may be a little too advanced (browning hamburger, flipping quesadillas, etc.) but if you're like me and have a beginner that just wants to help and have fun working together, I recommend this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment